Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I'M PUBLISHED!

It was the first time I tried.

I sent in 5 cards to Stampers Sampler on November, 11, 2009.
(made a note in my idea book, so I'd remember)

Oh my goodness I was so excited to get that "preview"
copy of Stampers Sampler Take Ten March/April/May in the mail.
I was torn between ripping off the plastic or
saving it until my husband got home.

I could not wait... I ripped off the plastic.

I started flipping through the pages, and there I was!
on page 12 (so I did not have to page far).



And then I continued to look through to see if
any of my other cards made it.
No others, but they did do "a second look" at my card in the back.
(I think this is a new feature in the magazine)
They liked the stitching I added just to a small piece
of the paper on my card.

I still have a chance with my other cards, they have a few other publications—Stampers Sampler, Stampington and Company,
Somerset Studio... and others. When I sent them in,
the rules did say that they choose which publication the cards go in.

8 comments:

  1. That's so cool!! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, great for you! How stoked you must be---congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so exciting! Congratulations! What a wonderful achievement!
    HUGS
    Rach ~ Queen La Rubba

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Jennifer - how exciting! Can I have your autograph when you come to visit in July! LOL :)

    Enjoy this moment, you deserve it! BIG hugs! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You do such wonderful work! You deserve to be published! Congratulations and on your first try! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw that card in the magazine and thought it was a cute one....would you believe it hadn't even dawned on me who submitted it....I never looked. Jen, that is so neat..... I am having small group withdrawals and wish for coffee with you. Pamela (queen of detail?)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I look forward to reading it.