Monday, February 16, 2009

Finds #2

Thrift store finds
This week my DH dropped me off at the thrift store while he went to a Sportscard Show. Lucky for me! and even more lucky the entire store was 1/2 off for Valentines day. Here are the finds I came home with (I probably would not have bought a lot of these things but at half price, could not pass them up). In the next few days I will add a lot of these items to my Etsy site.



  • Awesome wool felt card table cover for bridge
  • Beige thread (I think a lot of it is vintage)
  • Vintage little girls dress-up white gloves with embroidered flowers
  • Happy Holidays tray (I already have a matching metal covered basket)
  • Huge box of paperclips (they have a unique shape)
  • Unique zipper pin
  • Vintage glass Mt. Rushmore coasters
  • Very odd fully beaded bird wall hanging
  • Funky paper w/envelopes
  • and another wooded hanger for this project



Close-up of the paperclips and zipper pin



Detail of the beaded bird... isn't it beautiful



Awesome 1950's aprons! (mom found a couple for me too)



Vintage needlepoint dog and cat wall hangings, great colors
Kitchen prayer tray (I think I am going to hang this on the wall in my kitchen, so 50's)

2 comments:

  1. Wow, You have a good eye. Bet it was fun! I especially like the beaded bird. Is it hand stitched?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is hand stitched. Really cool.... don't think i'll be selling him.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I look forward to reading it.