Monday, June 15, 2009

I've been busy... as a BEE

I have been so busy with making ATC's that I have not had time to take pictures and post them. I finally found a moment Sunday morning (after Sunday morning :)) to take pictures of what I have been up to. I'll be posting them all week.

The first ATC is for my small group club. The theme this month is the alphabet, I drew "B" out of the hat. So this is what I did:


I used clear embossing power on black that I stamped with the swirly pattern stamp. I stamped a whole sheet of paper that I cut into strips for the stripes. Then I ran a sheet of vellum through the Cuddlebug and embossed both with the circles folder and the tiny polka dots folder. After all the embossing was done, I used a small heart die to cut a heart out of the vellum then, I cut the heart in half to make the wings. I attached the wings with a small black brad. When I was planning out the card I did not want it to be larger than what a ATC was supposed to be. So I planned to have the head of the bee to fit within the 3.5" height, so I made the body 3" tall. Under the wings (which are movable) I stamped "bee happy" on one of the yellow stripes. And to finish him off I added some thin black cording to make antenna.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I look forward to reading it.