Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Now Showing in the RVF Theatre..... Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps


At the beginning of September I announced that I made the PPRS Design Team. Well, since then I have been playing with the stamps they sent me to make samples with. I just got gone with my first set of samples and sent them off to Nicole, so she can use them in the PPRS booth.

Here is my favorite one so far:


The one hard part of being on this DT is that I can't keep the cards, I have to make myself a sample if I want to keep them. I also have to tell how I make the cards. This is a step that is hard for me to do. I just make it, I really don't think about how I do it. Maybe this will force me to be more diligent on taking notes n how I create each piece. I also tend to get a little wordy when I describe the process.... as you'll find out now..

Deer Card
Supplies:
Paper Solid: Cream- Archivers, Blue-Stampin' up
Paper Patterned: Making Memories "Just Chill in"
Ribbon: May Arts Tools: Prisma Colored Pencils, E57 Copic, Cricut-Accent Essentials Cartridge, Fiskars border punch, Brown StazOn and VersaColor Pinecone #171

Instructions:
I cut down the blue paper to A2 size. I cut down the plaid paper to be slightly smaller than the A2 card so when Its mounted to the blue paper you can see just a little of the blue border. I used the Cricut to make the plaque that is mounted behind the deer, using the Accent Essentials Cartridge Acct#48 at 4". I used my Copic to edge the plaque before I glued it down (I did not want to see the white of the paper). I also edged the small border that is on top of the sentiment block with the Copic. I printed the "Happy Birthday Dad" on my computer, the font is called Haettenschweiler. I edged this block in the VersaColor just to add some depth. I glued the border tot he edge of the sentiment block, added pop-dots and mounted it on the card under the deer. Added the woodgrain ribbon tied in a knot to the spine of the card.

Here's how I did the Deer:
He is stamped 6 times on cream paper using brown Stazon. I colored all 6 of them using Prisma Colored Pencils. Next you need to cut out all 6 deer, making sure you cut them out the same. You need to analyze the deer and figure out which part would stick out the most and work backwards. I first cut out his nose, then the next layer is the nose, eyes and jawline. And so on and so forth, using up all 6 stamped images.

I used SU Dimensionals to put between the layers so they would "pop" off of each other. I then mounted that entire deer onto the woodgrain plaque on the card.

You can purchase the Deer/Buck Rubber Stamp here.

4 comments:

  1. OHHH I love it! Perfect for the men in my life! hugs

    toodles-
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card for a bloke! Really masculine, Perfect!
    Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just stunning work Jennifer! Your coloring is so realistic! Beautiful manly card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jennifer........this is STUNNING!!! Wonderful job!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I look forward to reading it.