Tuesday, December 15, 2009

It's beginning to look a lot like a 50's Christmas

I love the 50's the art, the decor and the simplicity. It all started when my grandparents gave Jon and me their 1950's dining room table. Black and white, formica top with chrome legs and the leaf that unfolds in the middle of the table after you pull it apart. We love that table, and use it everyday. After we received that, I just knew I had to decorate 50's style. Most of the time it only comes out for holidays... but I am trying to gather more everyday 50's things as well.

I hope you enjoy looking at my 1950's christmas collection.
Please let me know if they bring back some memories for you!










Tree will be going up in front of the window you see in the TV's reflection.
(actually we bought it last night and it is up there, it just needs to acclimate before we decorate it.)














4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh - it is all so happy and bright and beautiful!!! I love the ornaments hanging from the bottom of the shelf!!!

    Merry Christmas!
    ;-) Robelyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jen!!! Everthing looks terrific!!!
    Heather RDH

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGoodness! talk about taking a walk down memorey lane! i see a lot of items that we had in my younger days :) drinking hot cocoa out of the santa mugs was always a treat :) looks like your all ready for the holidays!! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow- you go all out Jen! I love all those vintage ornaments (I have a few of them myself)and they way you have ornamants everwhere in your house- to cool!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I look forward to reading it.