Saturday, February 27, 2010

By the light of the Paper Lantern

Hero Arts is having a card challenge.
This week they wanted you to create with ribbon. 
So when I approached this card, I knew I wanted to do something 
totally different with ribbon. I used only solid colored ribbon, 
because the card is so colorful and a pattern ribbon would be overwhelming. 

So here it is:


I used ribbon for the leaves on the tiny flowers 
and for the tassels on the lanterns.

I broke open my new Hero Arts Good Fortune set. I really like this set.
The images are so cute and fun.

Recipe
Paper: Solid-Pink {Archivers}, White {Neenah} and Red {Papertry Ink}
Pattern: Red {DCWV}
Stamps: Asain {Hero Arts} and Swirls {unknown}
Other: Coloring {Copics}, Sewing, String, SU Clear Embossing 
and Ribbon- Green, Red & Orange {Offray}

2 comments:

  1. this card is so beautiful... i like the colour coordination, the design, the layout and the technique used. The red is so vibrant, full of energy while the orange colour is a symbolic of gold in the Chinese culture. Both are colour of joy and celebration to the Chinese. You hit it right there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I look forward to reading it.