Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Silhouette Cameo—advent calendar


A while back Silhouette had contacted me asking if I wanted to try the new Cameo?! Of course I do. They sent the new Advent calender along with the machine. This weekend I tried it. I have to tell you I had never used a silhouette before, and I LOVED it! It was so much fun.

So incredibly easy. I just followed the set-up and along I went (did not read the instructions). It is amazing how and what you can do with it.

Here is a peek at our project. It uses all October Afternoon Holiday style! (except the bingo numbers and ornaments are from my stash and the ribbon and twine are not OA).


DSC_0135
DSC_0132
DSC_0130

and here is the entire thing.

DSC_0123 copy

(click to enlarge)

Today I am making 2 more. A girlfriend of mine is also making a couple to give as gifts.

Here she is working on them...


And here is the planning of the drawers. She wanted to make sure they looked well together and the color was balanced.

This is truly one of the most fun projects the tI have ever worked on. And the Cameo is an amazing product. Check it out here.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Jennifer! I love your advent calendar! October afternoon papers are gorgeous! Who makes the box? I love the different sizes! I wish we were neighbors. We could craft together and go to yard sales. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh and the bingo numbers are GENIUS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Got the answer to my question by checking your link. I don't own the silhouette and the cameo calendars are sold out. Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I look forward to reading it.