Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Easel Card


Happy Tuesday! 

How has everyone been? I have been super busy. Hard to find time to create. 

It is easel card time. I forget how much I like to make easel cards.  They are super easy and the end result is beautiful. 

I used this template: at Splitcoast stampers

I made this card for a girlfriend who's birthday is coming up.... she loves purple. It just ended up being monochromatic. 


I used a technique that I have not tried in a while. I stamped and embossed clear over a pattern paper and then using distress ink, rubbed over the image.... and like magic, it pops out!

Recipe:
Solid Paper: Archivers
Pattern Paper: Papertrey Ink
Ink: Distress Ink-dusty concord
Die Cuts/Folders: Martha Stewart Edge and Sizzix Embossing folder (perfectly paisley)
Stamps: Inkadinkado-bird, SU-sentiment
Other: twine, gems, Copics and clear embossing powder

We'd love for you to play along at The Cuttlebug Spot.

3 comments:

  1. Ow Jenn, this is beautiful!! LOVE THAT TECHNIQUE!
    Have to try that, thank you for the tip!!
    Love everything about it!

    Cuttlebugs & Hugs
    Jannie X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monochromatic is good! I love purple too! Pretty card! I am sure your friend will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great easel card and great technique too x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I look forward to reading it.