Thursday, July 16, 2009

Challenges 101

Have you visited Pile It On Challenges lately? We encourage you to "pile on" the card challenges and enter your final product into OUR challenge!

So how it works:
Do you love to play along in challenges, but are too busy to make one item for all the challenges out there? Do you wonder how some fit so many challenges into one card/layout?

Yes, you’ve seen them around. In every challenge blog you go, their name is in Mr. Linky, but it’s the same card/layout. How do they do it? This may not be how some do it, but I’ve put together the 3 easy steps I take to combining multiple challenges (at least 3) into one creation. I hope you find this helpful!

Three easy steps to combining challenges:
  1. Break up the challenges into categories. My three main categories are (A) Sketch challenges (B) Color challenges (C) Theme challenges and I’ve found that this has worked out pretty well.
  2. Pick one challenge from each category. For example, on this card I used a sketch from Pile it on, a theme from Paper Play challenges (Fashion), a color challenge from Color Dare (Pink Pirouette/Very Vanilla/Regal Rose/Mellow Moss), and a misc challenge from Flourishes Timeless Tuesday (Cut it out and pop it up).
  3. Look down the list of Theme challenges to see if any are the same or if you can incorporate a few in one creation. For example, if a challenge calls for you to use a picture as an inspiration and another asks for you to use a bird, you can use the colors from the inspiration picture on your bird. Also, watch out for those that call for a certain type of embellishment; most likely you can add it onto your creation. This is when things get really fun!
Those are the 3 easy steps I take to combine challenges. The reason why I do it this way is that I cannot combine a sketch challenge with another sketch challenge and the same goes with color challenges. Therefore, if you put them in these three categories, you’re bound to get at least 3 challenges on one creation. (steps written by Ann @ raindropechodesigns)

Now look every Sunday for the new challenge offered by Pile it on, combine it with any of the numerous challenges we list for you, and enter!

Here's the challenge this week on PIO:


Now go to Pile It On Challenges, look on the left side for other challenges and let your creativity run wild!

But don't forget to enter your card into PIO, as well as ALL the other challenges you used. You never know you might win a prize or be top 3 on those sites too!


1 comment:

  1. Hello my bloggy friend! WooHoo!!! Party day is just a week away! I'm so looking forward to seeing everyone's creative spaces. I have a request... I thought it would be easier for everyone to leave comments if we all turned off comment moderation and word verification during the day (or maybe week) of the party. To do that, go to customize, settings, comments...then scroll down to turn off comment moderation and word verification.
    I hope you have a wonderful weekend and a fabulous week. See you next Friday!!

    Karen
    My Desert Cottage

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I look forward to reading it.