Tuesday, December 20, 2011

A fun little project before the holiday


I found these 5X5 flat plaques at Crafts Direct in St. Cloud and I knew I want to do something with the Flower Sacks from October Afternoon. I also knew I want to do some sort of a tree.

I have been thinking about this project for a few months.
I finally had time to make it.
It was SUPER easy!

I glued a sheet of OA Figgy Pudding on the front of the plaque and distressed it with distress ink.
Starting at the bottom of the tree I used the largest flowers.
I cut out one wedge of the flower so it would be able to flatten out.
I then fan-folded the the flower on the scallops. (See photo it will make more sense).
I should have taken step-by-step photos... but hind-sight is always 20/20 :)




I topped it off with a star. Added a few gems and added rub-ons to the background.



2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Jenn!!!

    Have a wonderful Xmas!!
    XX
    Jannie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there Jennifer! I was on the October Afternoon web site looking for a particular paper when I saw you are on the DT! Cool! I had fun browsing your blog!
    CindyK(ISC)and WSM

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I look forward to reading it.