Saturday, March 28, 2009

Altered Book Club

So I got sucked into another club. I don't know why I do this to myself. Probably because I am an artist, and love to share with other artists.

Besides all of the online card contests I enter, and the ATC (altered trading card, see older posts) I now am a proud member of a group held here.

Have you heard about Altered Books? Here's a great site to visit to find out more.

Anyway, I had Julie's book for the month and I chose "O" for my letter. Oh, the theme of her book is the alphabet (very partial to this theme) see this post I collect anything that has the entire alphabet on it.

So this is what I did for her book.


My name and letter choice for the front cover (this part of the book has the name a letter choise for everyone who's worked on her book).




Someone peaking through the faux wood tree. Whoooo could it be?





It is Mister Owl.
I think he turned out really cool...and he's one-of-a-kind. My husband drew him for me and I cut him apart and paper pieced him back together. And as you can see I weaved his chest. Really easy to do.



This is the back page (of the 4, I took up).



And this is what her entire book looks like. Jam packed with peoples art. How Fun!

(p.s. you might have seen that owl in other projects of mine. After he was done for this project, I scanned him into the computer and saved him as an image. For a recent card project I turned him pink.)

1 comment:

  1. Found you via Heather Bailey's March of Tools! Very cute blog! Love all your scrapbook stuff!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I look forward to reading it.